That quote was posted in memorandum on Jack LaLannes blog today.
He died of respiratory failure due to pneumonia.
LaLanne opened his own health club in Oakland, CA in 1936, and had a successful fitness show that ran in the 1950's.
Check out this guy's list of achievements.. Fantastic!
Jack LaLanne was relentless in his positive attitude and message of how living healthy makes you feel good and live longer, and showed us all how it's done.
LaLanne will be missed, but he created a legacy message.
For me, Jacks message is summarized best in his one liner "LaLannisms"
I've copied these from his website
- Anything in life is possible if you make it happen.
- Anything in life is possible and you can make it happen.
- Your waistline is your lifeline.
- Exercise is King, nutrition is Queen, put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.
- Don’t exceed the feed limit.
- The food you eat today is walking and talking tomorrow.
- Ten seconds on the lips and a lifetime on the hips.
- Better to wear out than rust out
- Do – don’t stew.
- People don’t die of old age, they die of inactivity.
- First we inspire them, then we perspire them.
- You eat everyday, you sleep everyday, and your body was made to exercise everyday.
- Work at living and you don’t have to die tomorrow.
- I can’t die, it would ruin my image.
- If man makes it, don’t eat it.
- If it tastes good, spit it out.
- What’s it doing for me?
- Your health account is like your bank account: The more you put in, the more you can take out.
- If one apple is good, you wouldn’t eat 100.
- It’s not what you do some of the time that counts, it’s what you do all of the time that counts.
- Make haste slowly.
- Eat right and you can’t go wrong.