Cris LaBossiere

Cris LaBossiere
Strength training and mountain biking. My two favorites

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Second hand smoke causes hearing loss?

Secondhand Smoke Associated with Hearing Loss in Teens – TIME Healthland

Adolescents between the ages of 12 and 19 exposed to second hand smoke had greater high and low frequency hearing loss.

Click on the link above for the lowdown.

I am so glad I quit smoking 25 years ago.  For those of you who still smoke; seriously, quitting is the best thing you can do for you and those around you.

When I was a smoker and people would try to get me to quit I used to feel pressured or nagged and would go light up a smoke in protest.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.  Smoking was the most illogical and stupid thing I've done.  I tried and failed a few times before I quit for good so don't worry about not succeeding the first time, just keep at it.

There is nothing good about smoking, nothing neutral either.  Smoking really is all bad all the time, even in tiny amounts.  Getting rid of the smoking ball and chain is a great relief and makes you finally start feeling healthy.

If nobody smoked we'd all be better off.

No comments:

Post a Comment